Tuesday, May 5, 2009

All in a morning

Today was just like any other morning here in the James' house. Kids up, get ready for school, lunch packed, breakfast, things signed, things forgotten and out the door for a ride with dad to school. All of this takes place with a ton of help from my sweet husband and their wonderful father.
On this day however Lil B decided to test my patience and to see just how tolerant I can be. Well first he ate my deodorant, got the water bottle and sprayed the kitchen floor to the point we are both slipping and sliding, poured my glass of tea (I had just poured and sat on an end table while getting things ready to nurse him)in the middle of my bed, changed him, nursed to nap, woke up, snack, bath because he is somewhat sticky from something?, I get ready to go and teach later in the evening, while he has climbed onto a chair and reached the pledge bottle and is using it like hairspray, no time to bathe again, go pick up children from school, come home wash his hair yet again, get Brennon ready for his ballgame, fix dinner, wait for Dad to get home so I can leave, Dad home I leave for work, teach my class after having issues with the podium and the computer, rush to watch the last 15 minutes of Brennon's baseball game, starts to sprinkle, get there score 4-11 we are the 4, watched a great comeback and overtime final score 9-12 we are the 9, but the fight was good so all OK, come home to get the children in the showers and ready for bed and school and what do I see in my closet.... My sweet baby boy has pulled my shoe organizer and the shelf down after I left for work. Long sigh here.
So yesterday was very trying for me, but I love it. I love that I get to spend my days with my children. the good, bad, clean, messy all of it is a blessing.
This morning woke up to the tornado alarm going off.. Here we go again.

Brandi

No comments:

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe Philippians 2:13-15