Monday, February 16, 2009

Not Me Monday!



Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama. You can head over to her blog to read what she and everyone else have not been doing this week.

This is NOT a weekly vent on Monday's to confess all the things that did NOT go wrong in your week and you desperately wish you could NOT change and redo.

This past week did Not seem like the longest week ever.

I did Not start a mommy boot camp at a local gym. I am Not in bad shape. I was Not sore. I did Not feel like I was going to die after the first class. It is Not at 5:30 in the morning.

My sweet baby has Not been in the worst mood all week long. Teething is so much fun.

Madi did Not have 5 fillings and sealants at the dentist Monday. She is Not band from sweets for life..... It did Not cost a small fortune.

I was Not late and rushed to get my class Tuesday night. After teaching I did Not come home to find a school project left still to do. Urrrrgggg! We were Not late to bed.

We did Not miss church Wednesday just to have more time at home with our kids. We have Not felt rushed and crazy. I do Not miss them at all.

I did Not take Lil B to WalMart only to leave when he threw a crazy screaming at the top of his lungs, everyone looking and wondering why you can not control your baby. I did Not feel embarrassed.

I did Not have 2 Valentines day parties to squeeze in on Friday pack and leave for out of town on time.

I did Not leave with only one side of Lil B's hair cut again because he was Not crazy screaming at the top of his lungs, everyone looking and wondering why you can not control your baby. What is wrong with this kid. I did Not want to hide under something.

We did Not have to stop 3 times on our way to Montgomery (2.5 hours away) because again my sweet baby was screaming so loud my husband seriously couldn't drive. It was Not so loud.

I did Not rescue scissors from my baby as he ran from he in the kitchen.

He has Not learned to pull the gate at the bottom of the stairs enough to crawl under it.

My house still is Not as dirty and messy as the last Not me Monday post. I am clean and organized.

My daughter did Not win gold at her dance competition Saturday. Her Dog dance did Not win the high point award, 2nd in choreography, and 3rd in entertainment. I was Not proud of her at all. It was Not the longest day in history.

On the way home yesterday we did Not have to stop again for a screaming baby. We did Not have a yummy lunch at the Iguana Grill. We did Not decide on the way home we were never taking our baby on a road trip ever again.

My wild kids are Not happy to be out of school today and tomorrow. I am Not excited that my husband is off tomorrow also. I do not have a Loooooooong honey do list for him to get started on.

I am Not hoping to get a shower soon and go to the store.

I have Not cried and my Heart does Not ache for baby Cora's family.(please be in prayer for them, they need it more than ever and will for a long time.)

SO how about you.......Do tell!

1 comment:

Targetshopper: said...

oh so sorry about the teething. That is so hard! I wanted to respond to your comment (sorry it took so long!) about the naptime routine.

SuperNanny has this on her show - you kiss and hug the child and tell them it's time for bed, lay them down, and then walk out of the room. When they get out of bed, you repeat the above routine and walk out. When they get out of bed the third time, you don't say a word! Just pick them up and put them back in bed and walk out. Repeat as many times as necessary. It took me like 25 times to get LittleMiss to stay in bed the first time. The next day she only got up about 4-5 times and the third day she never got out of bed at all (though she did still cry for about 10 minutes). She just turned 2 in December and it's been so nice to see her progress through and nap well!

For a little one still in a crib - you might want to check out her website (probably on abc.com) and see because I think it is a little different. I think you sit in the room or something for the first few days.

Hope this helps!!

Congrats to your daughter for dance. I have a dancer too. :)

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe Philippians 2:13-15