Monday, February 23, 2009

Just a family day, with meatballs......

Well after a busy weekend of kids, neighbors, work, baseball tryouts, sleepless night we stayed in Sunday morning. Have you ever thought that life was just too busy sometimes and have you ever missed you kids even when they are home. That was me on Sunday. I felt like I had not seen them since Thursday. For lunch we decided to go to Cracker Barrel for lunch. We played checkers in front of the big warm fire and it was so nice to slow the pace and look at them and notice the changes that had happened to them this week. We had time to talk with them and enjoy them. After we went furniture window shopping. Braiden was wild. He went from sofa to sofa and ran from table to table. He loved it.
I love the idea of a big Sunday dinner together with family. Our family lives too far away to do this. Normally Sunday night is hamburger night. My hubby grills. But tonight I wanted to have that big dinner. Upon request from my little bottomless pits, I made spaghetti and meatballs. I love this. It is so easy to fix and the kids love meatballs. They do not take alot of time and are fabulous. (Giada's Everyday Italian FoodNetwork.com). It was nice to see the kids playing together before dinner. My favorite thing is kids laughing and having silly play time. No video games, TV, other kids over, just playing made up games.
After the kids went to bed. Patrick and I had some quiet time. I have been wanting to sit in the hot tub, but it has been too cold outside at night. Last night I did not care. I ran and hopped in. It was freezing (the 20's) but the HT was warm and the sky was clear and a million stars were out. We had time to talk about our week and relax. We felt like the snow monkeys you have seen in the hot springs on animal planet. Now the getting out and dried off was NOT so much fun. My hair had ice in it from where my hair had gotten wet. I think we will wait till it warms up to get back in. It was so much fun and we laughed so hard trying to get dry and back in the house.
Today I have Madi at home. She woke up not feeling well, sore throat, no fever, but she has just laid around this morning and snuggled. Braiden is still teething and very ill. Today I think we will take it easy and enjoy a day of being together.

Brandi

1 comment:

Megan @ Hold it Up to the Light said...

Thanks so much for your sweet comment on my blog, and for posting my button! I will be happy to email you, but I can't seem to find your email address. Mine is listed under my profile, so send me one so I can respond back. BTW, I work at UAB.

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe Philippians 2:13-15