Wednesday, March 25, 2009

What is a friend?

Prayers for Stellan


Mckmama posted a wonderful, honest and raw post yesterday. I urge you to click on baby Stellan's button and read. After reading her post, I really began to think, long and hard. It brought me to a place that I will be honest folks, I am not comfortable being. You see I do not have it figured out. Oh, how I want to understand it all, I simply just don't. I am relatively new to the blogging world and I have really enjoyed it. I use it to document things that happen to our children and also my thoughts as I try to figure out life and all it's chaos. But something unexpected happened. I started meeting Godly women who brought the word and spoke truth into my life daily. It has been a blessing. Some are from right here in Alabama. We are wives, mothers, daughters, aunts and friends who love the Lord and are trying to live putting God first. Which leads me to my husband's questions about this blog world.

1. Do you know these people? Well, define the word know. No I have never met them in person. But I know them and their heart. I have prayed with them through bad times and praise with them thought the good times.

2.Are they your friends? Well, we laugh, cry, praise and pray together. We learn from each other. Support each other. Share life and the Lord. So I would say yes, we are friends.

I have to admit I do become consumed by the prayer requests and stories of heartache. But I have been profoundly forever changed by the grace and trust displayed by the parents here in blog world. I can only hope to have the kind of trust and assurance that I have witnessed here. A few stand out to me- Kelly's Corner- and baby Harper, I followed her through labor and delivery, from her daughter may not live to well you will have to go over and check this little cutie out for yourself.


The Macs- I can only say that I still cry, I pray everyday and I admire sweet Cora's parents so much. God is doing BIG things through the life of a baby girl. Her smile will capture your heart and her parents will inspire you. I have examined my own trust in God and his plan whatever it maybe for my life.
There blog is http://themcclenahans.blogspot.com/
They are raising money for a playground in her honor. Click on Cora's playground to help out with this and get some pretty adorable things as well.


I can not remember how I found Megan's blog. But we have a lot in common. We both are from Alabama, labor and delivery nurses, have 3 children, and more. It was so neat to learn how small this world is. She is super sweet , honest, tell you how she feels southern girl. Her love for the Lord shines through in her blog. She is doing a fabulous things for lent. Click on her button and find out for yourself, you just might win something.


Well ,I found Angie's blog on the 1 year anniversary of loosing our 3rd baby. The only thing I know to say is, it was the work of my heavenly father, always looking after me, that night. I struggle with our loss daily. Still today I think about our baby everyday and wonder the what if's and what would he be like today. We have been blessed with another baby boy ( thank you God) since then but I still hurt inside and my heart still aches for the baby that we lost. Angie is real, honest, scripture speaking, God trusting, wife, mother and for me God sent at a time when I was in a very dark place.

There have been others and will be others. We have an open prayer request policy here. If you need prayer or know someone who does it is a great way to get the word out. An army of God loving, spirit filled, amazing women will be on their knees. God is good, so I guess to answer my sweet husbands questions,

Yes, they are my friends.

Please continue to pray everyday. Talk with God, cry out to him, be honest, he already knows how you feel. No matter the outcome always trust and know that he has your best interest at heart and he holds every tear you cry. He wraps his fatherly arms around you daily, you are His child.

Praying now for sweet baby Stellan Lord heal his heart, Cora's parents continue to cover, protect and surround them , Angie, Lord thank you for bringing her blog to my life I pray that the battles she feels afflicted with are won with your word and truth, that Satan will flee have no hold on her , that she knows Audrey is still touching people's life and has "weight" in this world , Megan cover and surround her, let her LIGHT be seen by all who see her, baby Harper we praise you father for mercy and healing and baby Jonah we ask that you heal his skin Lord, that you take away all the blisters and pain, that you protect him, that his parents are able to fall into your arms and feel you God. There are so many more!!!



Brandi

1 comment:

kimberly t. bowling said...

What a blessing to read of your trials and how the Lord has used others, seemingly "unknowns" to speak to your heart....just when you need it. I love that you began reading Bring the Rain---directly in God's time. How perfect is His timing? I agree, so many of those you mentioned are such an encouragement to ladies all over this small earth.

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe Philippians 2:13-15