Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Quick dinner idea for hetic nights

Since we have baseball 2 nights a week, dance 3 nights a week, church, I teach 1 night a week, things are very busy from 3-9 here. One thing that has helped us is finding things to eat at home either before or after our activities. That way we are not eating out, it is also healthier

My friend is the crock pot. Seriously it is on my counter all week. One thing my family loves is chicken crock pot fajitas so I thought I would share.

6 boneless skinless chicken breasts ( no hormones or steroids if you can find it)
2 cans of rotel ( any heat you want, I use mild for the baby and Madi.
2 packets of taco mix ( I use mild again ole el paso)

That is it...

Empty rotel into the crock pot, add the taco mixes. Stir together until well blended. Add 1 cup of water or chicken broth if you have it on hand.
Nest the chicken breast down into the rotel mixture. Cover and cook 4 hours on high or 6-8 hours on low. I then take the chicken out and shred it with 2 forks on a plate and then add it back to the rotel mixture, mix together and you are ready for taco's.
We use hard and soft taco's, shredded cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, what ever fixins you like. If I have extra time I will throw together a salad.

You will have left overs, save them. The next night. Roll out a refrig pizza dough and make a chicken taco pizza. You might even have some more left over. LUNCH???

I will try and post some more as I can. This really helps us eat better than fast food and is cheaper in the long run.

Hope you all enjoy.
Please continue to pray, there are so many needs out there to night.. I feel very heavy with thoughts and worry.

The earnest prayer of a righteous person has great power and produces wonderful results.
James 5:16

Brandi

No comments:

13for it is God who works in you to will and to act according to his good purpose. 14Do everything without complaining or arguing, 15so that you may become blameless and pure, children of God without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars in the universe Philippians 2:13-15